Website Trinity Support and Care Services
We are currently recruiting for a Team leader for our two Adult Residential Services – Tullycoora House and Lakeview House in Castleblaney Co Monaghan. The successful candidate will be afforded all necessary training and development in line with the role.
Candidates must be professional and experienced with a passion for engaging with clients on a daily basis. Candidates must be self-driven, focused and diverse.
Team Leader – Adult Residential Services Castleblaney, Co. Monaghan
Role & Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Under the overall direction of the Person in-Charge/Manager, the Team Leader will be responsible for the following, ensuring privacy, dignity and respect of persons with a disability, autism or associated mental health needs.
- To role model a culture within the workplace which supports the mission, vision and values of the service.
- Assist in the implementation of clinical policies and guidelines which supports person centred services in line with National Quality Standards and all legal frameworks.
- Assist in the Management of service user care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidence-based approach to ensure clinical effectiveness and efficiency.
- Coordinate and prioritise appointments in liaison with MDT.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives to improve service user satisfaction.
- Dealing with complaints, in a professional, logical and coherent manner; as per policy.
- Provide support and supportive supervision to, and other front-line staff where appropriate.Ensure staff members are fully informed on all matters affecting the day-to-day running of the services and that lines of communication are clear and implemented by all staff.
- Participate in matters concerning discipline, grievances, untoward incidents and complaints, when required.
- Work under the direction of the Person In-Charge/Manager to ensure that the highest possible standards of care are maintained at all times, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the service.
- Actively promote the participation of persons with a disability in the planning of the centre/home.
- Report immediately to the Person In-Charge/Manager any incident of concern involving either staff member or resident, in accordance with the organisations incident reporting policy.
- Working in partnership with MDT staff, families and other key people to support each service user to work towards and achieve their personal goals, guided by their individual care plan.
- Act as key worker for named service users where appropriate.
- Providing individualised support, using a facilitative and strengths based approach to personal care, whilst ensuring service user’s right to dignity and respect at all times.
- Promote the social interaction of persons with a disability, with the wider community, in accordance with their choices and personal goals.
- Ensure that services are in compliance with the requirements of the Health, Safety and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
- Perform duties in a manner conducive to health and safety, and in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that accidents and incidents involving service users/visitors/staff are recorded in line with policy and all statutory reports completed to a high standard.
- Ensure all staff members, are aware of their responsibilities in the event of an emergency accident/incident.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive records as are required in the individual service e.g. daily reports, financial records, communication books, family contact sheets and service user care plans (where applicable).
- Support service users to manage their personal monies, and to document all transactions, whilst ensuring their personal finances are safeguarded.
- Maintain accurate records of all expenditure, attaching to the centre/unit (where appropriate).
- Ensure that files are up to date and stored in an orderly and secure fashion, that ensures service user confidentiality.
- Be aware of current developments in disability services, mental health services and all other provisions of care in Ireland; and maintain a commitment to ongoing professional development in these areas.
- Attend and participate in continuous professional development
- Educate and support all assigned staff members, including the induction of new staff, and support line management in the ongoing performance appraisal.
What we are looking for:
- Individuals with Level 8 Degree qualifications in the area of health and social care i.e. Social Work, Social Care, Social Policy, Psychology
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a Team Leader role.
- Personal commitment towards a journey of continuous professional development
- Full driving license, permitting you to legally drive in Ireland
- Professional commitment and passion in making a difference in the lives of children and adults with intellectual disability, autism or associated mental health difficulties
Salary and Remuneration:
Competitive salary commencing at €44,000 per annum (based on full time 39hrs a week)
Further Education support
Competitive salaries and annual increments
Employee Assistance Programme
Access to Company pension scheme with a Company contribution
Additional Birthday leave day
Flexibility to support a better work/life balance
Recognition gestures of goodwill throughout the year for staff
Death in Service benefit and paid Maternity leave
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org